Church Zoom Services
Practice Practice Practice!
(Binging on the Word)
Based on 1 Tim. 4:7-16
Here are a few highlight from Sunday's sermon. Let us take full advantage of the teachings for the word tells us in James 1:22, “Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.”
- If you don’t practice you won’t know how to do certain things
- If you don’t train someone (ex. your child) in something, if you don’t ask them to practice something then we cannot expect certain things from them.
- Mentorship comes with participation!
- Do not have fear, instead have faith!
- No more prayer without practice!
- Move from theory into practice
It takes 10,000 hours of practice to become an expert in something or knowing nothing and becoming pretty good at something takes 20 hours of practice which broken down is 45 minutes a day for a month.
Tips for Practicing
1. Acknowledge the challenge
2. Limit the scope
3. Commit time everyday
4. Use tools and resources
5. Create practice partnerships
What new skill will you practice?